Hutchinson’s Indoor Ice-Skating and Hockey Arena
JOIN US! Open Skating MEA Break:
- October 18 – 20, 2023: 11:00 am – 2:30 pm
- West Rink only
- Adult: $3 / Student: $2
- Season passes available for purchase online:
- Students/Seniors: $50.00
- Adults: $60.00
- Family: $80.00
The Hutchinson Burich Arena is the home of Hutchinson Hockey Association, Hutchinson Figure Skating Association, Hutchinson Parks, Recreation and Community Education Skating School and Hutchinson High School Girl’s and Boy’s Hockey teams.
- Call the Recreation Center office at 587-2975 for more information.
Welcome to the PRCE Skate School!
Our season typically runs from October to February with our annual ice show at the end of the season. A summer session is usually available in June or July.
- You can register for classes here: www.hutchinsonprce.com.
- PRCE Skate School follows the ISI (Ice Sports Industry) standards for figure skating. (www.skateisi.org) Your Skater(s) will learn the following in each level:
Tots (Ages 3-5): Proper way to fall/get up, marching while standing & moving, 2 foot jump, 2 foot glide, push & glide stroking, dips & more!
Pre-Alpha (Ages 5 & Up): 2 foot glide, 1 foot glide (both feet), backward wiggle, & backward swizzle.
Alpha (Ages 5 & Up): Forward stroking, Snowplow stop, Forward crossovers (each foot).
Beta (Ages 6 & Up): Backward stroking, Backward crossovers (each foot), T-stops (each foot).
Gamma (Ages 6 & Up): Outside 3-turns (each foot), Hockey stop, Inside open mohawk combination (each foot).
Delta (Ages 6 & Up): Forward inside 3-turns (each foot), Edges (inside & outside each foot), Shoot-the-duck and/or lunge, Bunny hop.
Looking For Extra Practice Ice?
- General Schedule:
11:00 am – 12:45 pm (East Rink)
- You MUST register to participate on this ice. Please register here: http://www.hutchinsonprce.com
- This ice time is designed for skaters of all levels (Tots – FS10) to either practice on their own (no lessons at this time) or have a private lesson with a coach.
- Skaters who plan to take private lessons MUST make arrangements with their own instructor. Instructors are listed on the HFSA website: www.hutchfigureskating.org
If you are interested in contracting private lessons with a coach, you must contact them directly. All coach information can be found on the HFSA (Hutchinson Figure Skating Association) website: www.hutchfigureskating.org.
My student has passed Delta and wants to keep skating. Now what?
- The PRCE Skate School Director will notify the association of the passing test and date.
- Your student will want to begin registering with the HFSA association to continue lessons. Their next level will be Freestyle 1.
- Register Online: www.hutchfigureskating.org.
- For any questions on registering or becoming a part of HFSA, please feel free to reach out to the board by emailing: [email protected]
This Hutchinson Figure Skating Association offers skating instruction through the Ice Skating Institute of America. Skaters can sign up for individual or group lessons beginning with Freestyle Level 1.
The highlight of the season is the annual ice show sponsored in partnership with the PRCE Skating School.
Please visit hutchfigureskating.org for more information.
- The Hutchinson Hockey Association offers hockey programs for children ages 5 through 18.
- There are leagues available for skaters of all abilities.
- Players compete locally and throughout Minnesota Hockey’s District 5.
- There are a number of out-of-town tournaments scheduled during the hockey season.
The Minnesota Ice Arena Managers Association has developed this site to help you find your way to the rink for your next hockey game or skating competition.
The site also offers information about each of its member rinks.