Parks Rental InformationCampground Rental InformationPlayground Information Access Online Registration Here
Episcopalian Church – 105 2nd Ave SE
This location is ideal for weddings or other small community productions. At maximum it seats 120 adults. New heating/cooling system was added in 2015. Church is available for showings by calling the Recreation Center: 320-587-2975.
- Rental rate is $50 per hour.
The Depot/Farmers Market Bldg – 25 Adams St SE
This is the same location as the Hutchinson Farmer’s market pavilion. The rental space is heated in the winter months, includes 6 standard plastic tables and 30 chairs, and comfortably holds 40 people. It is ideal for smaller parties and meetings. Building is not available for rentals on Farmer’s Market sales dates.
- Rental rate is $75 for a minimum of 4 hours. $15 each additional hour.
- Pavilion – $50 one-time fee. Includes outdoor restrooms, power under pavilion and 4 picnic tables.
Paddle Sports Opens May 27, 2022
Rentals of single kayaks, tandem kayak, canoe and SUP’s are available weekdays and weekends for a fee of $5 per half hour. Life jackets are provided with the rental and must be worn when on the water. Cash ONLY along with a form of identification is needed or signed permission from a guardian.
- Check availability by calling the Rental building during open hours: 320-234-4494.
Rentals of water equipment at Masonic/West River park campground are available.
- Rates per item are $5 per 1/2 hour, $10 per hour or $30 for half day (4 hours).
- Come try a kayak, tandem kayak, SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) or canoe.
- Hours of operation through Labor Day are:
Thursday & Friday 4-7 pm and Saturday & Sunday 2-8 pm. (See modified fall hours on the image to the right)
- Cash Only, $20 bills or smaller accepted.
- Large Groups are welcome, please call 320-587-2975 in advance to schedule a day and time.
Rentals will be taken for 2022 beginning Monday, January 3, 2022 online at midnight/9am at the PRCE Office.
The Hutchinson Parks system has 15 shelters available for public rentals on a daily basis. They are designed for uses including family gatherings, parties, picnics, reunions, and weddings.
All shelters have trash cans and picnic tables available. Several also have water, restrooms, and electrical services. Shelters are available at these parks: Elks, Depot, Fireman’s, Kiwanis, Legion, Masonic/West River, Northwoods, Oddfellows, Riverside, South Park (3), Veteran’s Memorial, VFW, Drift Riders and Rotary.
All rentals are on a daily basis between 9:00am-9:00pm. Fees for daily rentals are as follows:
- $50 for facilities with water, electric, and restrooms (Elks, Kiwanis, Masonic/West River, Northwoods, Oddfellows, Riverside, Rotary, South Park A, Veterans Memorial, & VFW). These shelters have a minimum of 6 picnic tables and a capacity for 50-75 people.
- $30 for facilities with a shelter, picnic tables, and trash cans (Fireman’s, Legion, South Park F, South Park G, and Drift Riders). These shelters have a minimum of 4 picnic tables and a capacity for 15-25 people.
- $50 for Library Square band shell and Masonic/West River stage.
Please contact the Recreation Center Office at 320-587-2975 for any further information.
Park Maps are also available at the Recreation Center.
- Fee: $7.50 per 1 1/2 hour Maximum rental time: 3 hours per day
- There are 14 ball fields in the Hutchinson park system that are available for rental. These fields are also scheduled for league play starting in May, so please call ahead for availability at the Recreation Center office, 320-587-2975.
- Reservations are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- For larger rental groups, the Parks Department will bring in extra tables for a fee of $15 per table, delivered. A minimum of four (4) tables is required for this service with a minimum three day notice. Please contact the Recreation Center Office at 320-587-2975 to request extra table rentals.
- No tables will be rented to the public for functions outside of the park system (i.e. private homes).
Available to try out with your family, friends or groups. They can be picked up from the PRCE office Monday-Friday from 9:00am—3:00pm. Please call ahead for reservations: 320-587-2975.
- Fee: $5/pair
* Includes 3 day rental. Adult & youth sizes available.
Private Rentals are available.
Kiwanis Park Sliding Hill opening end of December.
20 5th Ave. NW
Hit Hutch’s highest hill for sledding fun!
“Rocket Hill” has a warming house, outdoor lights, and a lot of snow to play on. A special area is designed for snowboards and aggressive sledding. The hill will close when excessive wind chills or poor snow conditions exist.
Warming Houses Open for Public & Private Rentals This Season
Park Elementary Rink
33 Grove St SW
Kiwanis Park Sliding Hill
20 – 5th Ave NW
PRIVATE RENTAL ONLY – Northwoods Rink:
889 Elm St NE
Park Elementary and Kiwanis Warming houses will be available for open public use this season. All locations will have outdoor seating for those to put skates on and/or rest. Please come dressed for the winter weather!
Warming House Hours: Weekdays 3:30 – 8:00 pm / Non-school days & weekends 1:00 – 8:00 pm
Private Rental Info:
All 3 warming house locations are available for private rental. Please call the PRCE Office for further details: (320) 587-2975
- Rental Rate is $50 for 2 hours
- A staff member will be at the rental to open/close the building, monitor lights, heat, etc.
Warming House Rules & Information
*Abusive language, horseplay, or fighting is not allowed. *All facilities are smoke & drug free. *Rules are posted at the site. Staff will enforce all rules. *Phone at Kiwanis is for emergencies and rides only. *Do not leave valuables in buildings.
The warming house will be closed on: December 24th & December 25th.
Warming houses are tentatively scheduled to close on Presidents Day – 3rd Monday in February.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the PRCE Office at 320-587-2975.
Weather related closings posted on the Gameline at 320-234-4263.