2020 Park Happenings
You can now register online for Activities, Masonic West River Campground, and City Shelter ReservationsAccess Online Registration Here
- Click Create Account in the upper right hand corner of the screen to set up your online account. If you will be signing your children up for programs, be sure to add them to your account.
- Once your account is set up and you are logged in:
- Click Registration in the main menu.
- Click on the menu items at the left to locate the class you want, or use the Search box to locate the class by name.
- For more information on a class, including when it meets, click on the blue “I” icon.
- Click Register. On the next screen, you will be able to select the person on your account who is signing up and read and accept the waiver.
- Click Add to Cart. You can add additional registrations before checking out if you wish.
Shelter & Campground
- Reservation options will not be available until January 2, 2019. All shelter and campsite reservations will be available online and at the PRCE office starting at 9AM.
- Click Campground or Facilities Tab
- Choose your facilities and/or dates
- Click Reserve
- Click Add to Cart. You can add additional registrations/reservations before checking out if you wish.
Park Dates to Remember
Friday, May 1:
June 14 – June 21:
July 17 & 18:
Thursday, August 1 and Friday, August 2:
September 8, 2020:
October 18, 2020:
Campground open for 2020 season (no hook ups).
Jaycee Water Carnival week
Riversong Music Festival, all reservations made through this event only.
Relay for Life at Masonic/West River Park – Sites closed at campground
Parks close for the season, shelter facilities open by reservation ONLY, through October 18.
Last day to rent shelters for the 2020 season. Masonic/West River Campground, Oddfellows and Veterans Memorial Park restrooms close for the season.
Welcome. Please explore Hutch!
Through the ParkFinder interface, we offer our citizens a unique geographic perspective of our city and its amenities.
Trails and Bike Routes
Hutchinson promotes walking and biking, by offering a variety of public trails and bike paths. The state’s Luce Line Trail extending from Cosmos to Plymouth has a paved section that runs right through the heart of Hutchinson. This offers the opportunity to walk, run, rollerblade and bike in a safe and scenic space along the Crow River.
Hutchinson Trail and Park Brochures are available at Rec Center, City Center, Chamber office, and Senior Center.
Complementing the state trail is our growing list of city trails, many of which can be accessed from the Luce Line. Within the park system we also have many trail loops. For those who are conscious of how far they have exercised we have provided a trail list with distances below.
|AFS Park||Gravel||0.45 miles|
|Drift Riders Park||Gravel||0.25 miles|
|Linden Park*||Paved||0.40 miles|
|Miller Woods Park*||Mowed Turf||0.50 miles|
|Oddfellows Park*||Gravel||0.40 miles|
|Roberts Park*||Gravel||0.30 miles|
|Rotary Park*||Paved||0.45 miles|
|West River Park*||Paved||0.90 miles|
*Notes Dog Waste Station
Linden Park is the only loop that is cleared of snow during the winter months. The rest of park trails remain snow covered, but can be used for snowshoeing or cross country skiing. Snow shoes are available to rent for your family, friends or groups. They can be picked up from the PRCE office Monday-Friday from 9:00 am—3:00 pm. Please call ahead for reservations: 320-587-2975.
Fee: $5/pair – * Includes 3 day rental. Adult and youth sizes available.
Available to try out with your family, friends or groups. They can be picked up from the PRCE office Monday-Friday from 9:00am—3:00pm. Please call ahead for reservations: 320.587.2975.
* Includes 3 day rental. Adult & youth sizes available.
Kiwanis Park Sliding Hill opening end of December, 2017.
20 5th Ave. NW
Hit Hutch’s highest hill for sledding fun!
“Rocket Hill” has a warming house, outdoor lights, and a lot of snow to play on. A special area is designed for snowboards and aggressive sledding. The hill will close when excessive wind chills or poor snow conditions exist.
Skating Rinks/Warming Houses:
Northwoods & Park Elementary rinks will open at the end of December, each year or when weather permits.
Outdoor Warming Houses
Northwoods Rink – 889 Elm St. NE: Located on the north side of Hutchinson, it contains both a lighted pleasure skating area and a hockey rink. The rink may be closed due to excessive wind chills, poor/ unsafe ice and/or larger snowfalls. (only open Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
Park Elementary Volunteer Rink – 33 Grove St. SW: centrally located in Hutchinson and adjacent to Park Elementary School. Parking is allowed on Grove St. during non bus loading times.
Kiwanis/Rocket Hill – 205th Ave. NW:
WARMING HOUSE HOURS:
- Monday-Friday: 3:30-8:00 m
- Saturdays, Sundays & Non-School Days: 1:00-8:00pm
WARMING HOUSE RULES & INFORMATION *Abusive language, horseplay, or fighting is not allowed. *All facilities are smoke & drug free. *Rules are posted at the site. Staff will enforce all rules. *Phone at Kiwanis is for emergencies and rides only. *Do not leave valuables in buildings.
The warming house will be closed on: December 24th & December 25th.
Warming houses are tentatively scheduled to close on Presidents Day – 3rd Monday in February.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the PRCE Office at 320-587-2975.
Weather related closings posted on the Gameline at 320-234-4263.
Get out into the City of Hutchinson parks and find the caches. Geocaching is a real world outdoor treasure hunt. Players try to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, using a smartphone or GPS and can then share your experiences online. Take a tour of the site then a tour of the parks!
- Boy Scout Park
- Eheim Park
- Girl Scout Park
- Kiwanis Park
- Miller Woods Park
- Rotary Park
- Veterans Memorial
- AFS Park
- American Legion Park