2017 Park Happenings
PARK DATES TO REMEMBER
Monday, May 1:
Thursday, July 13 – Sunday, July 16:
Thursday, August 3 and Friday, August 4:
Sunday, October 22:
Parks and campground scheduled to open for 2017 season
Jaycee Water Carnival week
Riversong Music Festival, campground reservations made through this event only.
Relay for Life at Masonic/West River Park (tent & electric only sites closed at campground)
Restrooms in Masonic/West River, Oddfellows & Veterans Memorial Parks will close after this date
NEW! Online Registration
- Click Create Account in the upper right hand corner of the screen to set up your online account. If you will be signing your children up for programs, be sure to add them to your account.
- Once your account is set up and you are logged in:
- Click Registration in the main menu.
- Click on the menu items at the left to locate the class you want, or use the Search box to locate the class by name.
- For more information on a class, including when it meets, click on the blue “I” icon.
- Click Register. On the next screen, you will be able to select the person on your account who is signing up and read and accept the waiver.
- Click Add to Cart. You can add additional registrations before checking out if you wish.
Shelter & Campground
- Reservation options will not be available until January 3, 2017. All shelter and campsite reservations will be available online and at the PRCE office starting at 9AM.
- Click Campground or Facilities Tab
- Choose your facilities and/or dates
- Click Reserve
- Click Add to Cart. You can add additional registrations/reservations before checking out if you wish.
Welcome. Please explore Hutch!
Through the ParkFinder interface, we offer our citizens a unique geographic perspective of our city and its amenities.
Trails and Bike Routes
Hutchinson promotes walking and biking, by offering a variety of public trails and bike paths. The state’s Luce Line Trail extending from Cosmos to Plymouth has a paved section that runs right through the heart of Hutchinson. This offers the opportunity to walk, run, rollerblade and bike in a safe and scenic space along the Crow River.
Hutchinson Trail and Park Brochures are available at Rec Center, City Center, Chamber office, and Senior Center.
Complementing the state trail is our growing list of city trails, many of which can be accessed from the Luce Line. Within the park system we also have many trail loops. For those who are conscious of how far they have exercised we have provided a trail list with distances below.
|AFS Park||Gravel||0.45 miles|
|Drift Riders Park||Gravel||0.25 miles|
|Linden Park*||Paved||0.40 miles|
|Miller Woods Park*||Wood Chip||0.50 miles|
|Oddfellows Park*||Gravel||0.40 miles|
|Roberts Park*||Gravel||0.30 miles|
|Rotary Park*||Paved||0.45 miles|
|West River Park*||Paved||0.90 miles|
*Notes Dog Waste Station
Linden Park is the only loop that is cleared of snow during the winter months. The rest of park trails remain snow covered, but can be used for snowshoeing or cross country skiing. Snow shoes are available to try out with your family, friends or groups. They can be picked up from the PRCE office Monday-Friday from 9:00 am—3:00 pm. Please call ahead for reservations: 320-587-2975.
Fee: $25 rental up to 3 days.
Outdoor Warming Houses
Northwoods Rink – 889 Elm St. NE: Located on the north side of Hutchinson, it contains both a lighted pleasure skating area and a hockey rink. The rink may be closed due to excessive wind chills, poor/ unsafe ice and/or larger snowfalls.
Park Elementary Volunteer RInk – 33 Grove St. SW: Neighbors to Park Elementary rink will again be donating their time and efforts to flood the area west of the old brick warming house. The shelter will be open again for use as a warming house. People using the rink may want to bring your shovel to help clear off the rink before skating. Parking is allowed on Grove St. during non bus loading times.
Kiwanis Park Sledding Hill – 20 5th Ave North: Hit Hutch’s highest hill for sledding fun this winter! “Rocket Hill” has a warming house, outdoor lights, and a lot of snow to play on. A special area is designed for snowboards and aggressive sledding. The hill will close when excessive wind chills or poor snow conditions exist.
WARMING HOUSE HOURS:
- Monday-Friday: 3:30 – 8:00 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays & Non-School Days: 1:00 – 8:00 pm
WARMING HOUSE RULES & INFORMATION *Abusive language, horseplay, or fighting is not allowed. *All facilities are smoke & drug free. *Rules are posted at the site. Staff will enforce all rules. *Phone at Kiwanis is for emergencies and rides only. *Do not leave valuables in buildings.
The warming house will be closed on: December 24th & December 25th.
Warming houses are tentatively scheduled to close on Monday, February 20, 2016.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the PRCE Office at 320-587-2975.
Weather related closings posted on the Gameline at 320-234-4263.
Get out into the City of Hutchinson parks and find the caches. Geocaching is a real world outdoor treasure hunt. Players try to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, using a smartphone or GPS and can then share your experiences online. Take a tour of the site then a tour of the parks!
- Boy Scout Park
- Eheim Park
- Girl Scout Park
- Kiwanis Park
- Miller Woods Park
- Rotary Park
- Veterans Memorial
- AFS Park
- American Legion Park